Thursday, September 15, 2016

About Me

Hi, my name is Taryn and I'm 15 years old. I'm at sophomore at Fortuna Union high school, which I've been going to since last year. I moved to Fortuna from Las Vegas, Nevada, and it was a huge change for me. Vegas has a population of about two million people, if you include all of the suburban areas. Fortuna however is only 11,000. Moving from such a populated city to a small town a state away was an experience to say the least. Where and the way people grow up really makes them and it's interesting to see the differences between my friends in the two cities.

Some various things about me: my favorite color is purple, my favorite book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, my favorite animals are elephants and pandas, and I can listen to any kind of music and rock out. I have an older brother named Brandon, who is 19 and still lives in Vegas. (You never realize how much you love your annoying siblings until they leave the house.) I really love animals, and have two golden retrievers and two orange tabby cats. I want, very badly, to travel the world. I think learning about and experiencing other cultures is vital towards personal growth. Since we live in such a globalized society, everyone runs into something from another culture or country that they don't understand.


I could go on forever onto other topics which would lead me into countless other topics, so I'm going to cut myself off here. Have a great day, and remember there are so many reasons to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment